[TenTec] Omni-V.9

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Feb 25 13:01:15 EST 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:23:59 +0000, jacrux wrote:

>If only I could find
>the time and energy to fix the Herc PSU (again.)

FWIW, the Herc II works quite nicely with a generic 13.8V supply of
sufficient heft. I use two Astron 70's, with their regulators
linked. It will take very heavy duty service -- it's been through
several very agressive Sweepstakes efforts. Others use a smaller P/S
to float-charge a beefy battery, and if the charger and battery are
reasonably well matched, they work fine too.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try to fix your TenTec supply, but
it also doesn't mean that you shouldn't also use the amp while
you're waiting to find the time to do it. :)

My Herc II came used without a TenTec supply (the seller sold his
separately before I got to him), so I've never seen one (or the
schematic).

73,

Jim K9YC