[TenTec] OMNI V

OTAKEBI at aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 19:30:37 EST 2008

Tony, as long as you can tune the SSB station to sound good and you are  only
off by .15 that is not bad at all for an OMNI V.
If I am on 10 meters, say 28.375 I have to have the frequency display read
28.375.18 to be on frequency.
I know it is off by .18 because I know the fellows I talk with and I know
the natural tone of voice.
They also know my tone and if I try to transmit on 28.375.00 they say I am
off until I go back to 28.375.18.
I have seen some OMNI V's off by as much as .25.
You can get this closer but believe me it is one heck of a job to do  so.
Best to leave it alone and enjoy the rig.
You will probably be told the same thing by others on this list.
73,
Dan/N4VET

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)