[TenTec] Omni VI+ Serial Port

John Huffman hjohnc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 21:27:48 EST 2008

My Omni VI option 3 serial post has been working fine, bit the RS232 and
the Icom compatible ports.

But, now it doesn't.  My logger polls as usual, but no response.  Here's
what I've tried:
- Changed baud to 1200
- Tried different computer cables
- Used the same cable and computer and software to successfully connect
- Used a computer with built in serial port, no USB converter
to the logger.
- Tried holding FM while turning power on but got no response while
viewing Hyperterminal.
- Reseated connectors 69 and 72 on both ends
- Measured stuff on connectors and MAX232 chip but only could verify
that everything had 5 volts power and that the computer polling was
making voltage change on connector 72.

I can measure voltage with my DMM.  On the MAX232 I know that I want to
know about pins 11 through 14 and on the 80C32 pins 10 and 11.  But I
don't know what to look for or how to trigger activity.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

73 de K1ESE
John