[TenTec] Source or Substitute for Argonaut 509 Final TransistorsPT3647?

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 3 14:30:28 EST 2008

There are a number of silicon transistors used to substitute for PT devices.
Look up Motorola 5 and 10 watt RF transistors, or some of the Japanese
numbers.  You want to match the collector voltage maximum rating and the
same sand state material, silicon; the power rating, and the gain; as well
as ft of the transistor.  You want an ft higher than the highest band of the
rig.  This is a  5 watt final, right?  Probably uses 2 transistors?  I think
one of the Moto numbers is a 2N3553??  (I have some of the digits but am not
sure of the sequence.)

Have you phoned Ten Tec to see if they can sell you a set?

Stuart
K5KVH