[TenTec] Centaur Power Cord

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Jan 5 11:05:33 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 10:38:31PM -0800, Chuck & Vicki Tifft wrote:
> I have yet to see a commercially built 120/240 VAC Ham amplifier with a step
> down transformer to run the 120 VAC fan and probably the filament
> transformer as well...

It only works in the U.S. Here (Israel) neutral is connected to ground
at a central location* and generally does not carry any appriciable
power in relation to ground. However since all new construction (and most
older places) has a gfci at the main panel, it probably would cause
all power to go off.

* I'm in an apartment building with seperate meters, main breakers and
GFCI's in each. Ground and neutral are sperate when they get here.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838