[TenTec] TenTec Model 526 6n2 Meter Transceiver

Scott Harwood scotthsr at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 9 15:33:40 EST 2008

I acquired one about a year ago to have a separate rig to work local (50 mile radius) 2 meter repeaters and do some basic 6 meter work.  I have a Kenwood TS-2000, but that is committed to satellite work on VHF/UHF.  The Ten-Tec receiver sensitivity seemed somewhat low on 2 meters, so I sent it to Ten-Tec for a check up.  They returned it saying everything was fine and within specs.  I use it with a Mirage preamp/amplifier and am very happy with it.  It does a good job on 6 meters.

There are better rigs out there, but it serves my purposes just fine.

Hope this helps.

Scott K4VWK