[TenTec] Older rigs for digital modes

Hutchinson Hutchinson at yourlink.ca
Sat Jan 12 12:39:50 EST 2008

I am using a Corsair II on PSK31 with great success with both the
straight radio and the external VFO WITHOUT crystals. All FB and no issues.

BTW, you can easily spot if you need to rework the PTO on the older rigs.

Tracks that look like someone has been DWI = dirty PTO
Tracks nice and straight with no wobble = happy PTO

73 Dave
VE5AEA

What would be a good older TT rig suitable for audio-generated digital
modes such as AFSK RTTY, PSK, and Olivia (my modes of interest)? Would
the Corsair and Corsair II and Omni V be about as far back as one could go?

Thanks

-- JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx) Contest Manager, TARA
Skirmish