[TenTec] Heil headphones

Vincent Sgroi k1rm at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 15 10:00:02 EST 2008

Does anyone have a method that matches the output of the Orion 2 to the
Heil Pro set earphones.  I believe the O2 has a 600 ohm output and the
headset is 8 ohms.  I tried using two of radio shack 1000ohm to 8 ohm
audio transformers, but that didn't seem to work, unless I did something
wrong.  I used two to try to use the stereo feature of the O2.  I have
the rf mod in also.

I don't like unplugging the earphones and having the audio blast into
the room when I forget to turn down the audio gain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Vin, K1RM