[TenTec] paragon won't go below about 10 watts.

Sat Jan 19 23:04:01 EST 2008

John:

As I recall the Paragon II will turn down to about 3 to 5 watts while the
original Paragon will only go down to about 20 watts or so.  The way the PA
in these two radios is designed, don't be concerned about any SWR value at
these power levels.  It is safe.  I've actually transmitted into both a open
circuit and a grounded antenna switch without any faults.  Great design and
protection circuit.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message -----
From: "john ferro" <foxbat426 at hotmail.com>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 9:49 PM
Subject: [TenTec] paragon won't go below about 10 watts.

thanks to everyone here i have solved two of my paragon's issues - my next
queston: is it normal for the paragon to not go below about 10 or 20 watts
in the tune mode (i.e. with the rf gain and mic gains turned all the way to
the start position - counter clock wise). i could see this being a potential
problem with a bad antenna match - wish it would go to zero. has anyone else
seen this?

thx, john