[TenTec] Omni VI Dilema

Newell Crary ncrary at owt.com
Mon Jan 21 17:20:57 EST 2008

I have been trying to decide what radio to buy.  I have a Scout and want to
upgrade to an Omni.  I have read a post that talked about subtle changes TT
made to the OMNI series over the production years. The poster said "An early
563 and a late 564 are very different radios in many respects aside from the
advertised differences.."  Not knowing what these changes were or what they
corrected, would it be better to look for a late model VI+ or go for a VI
Option III?

Thanks for your input.  Also, if you have one of these little beasties for
sale, send me an email with the particulars.

Newell

WX7K