[TenTec] Problem with Orion I

John T. Fleming W3GQJ at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 26 14:22:40 EST 2008

Dennis,

Did you try the "battery failure" reset?  That is where you hold in the VFOB
LCK button while you turn on the radio and continue to hold it until you see
battery failure.  Then let the radio come on and say yes to clear memories.
Then power down the radio and power it up normally?  It is the equivalent of
removing the small lithium battery and then replacing it.  I had a problem
in September 2003 and it was the only way Ten-Tec could clear the problem.
They then added it to the software.

73,
John