[TenTec] voice peaks still low on paragon

john ferro foxbat426 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:03:10 EST 2008

bob, compared to other rigs i have owned - that is what i am comparing to - also a paragon II i owned in the past gave nice high voice peaks with the shure 444D - ten tec has told me that there were about 6 different audio boards for the paragon and paragon II radios - could be that my paragon II had a better match with the dynamic type mics than my paragon does - i also had some yaesu and icom radios - none of which i used a dynamic type mic, but a "powered" mic and they all gave very nice voice peaks. by the way thanks for your great suggestion the other day regarding reversing the polarity on the shure 444d to increase the voice peaks - it actually helped a bit, but not as much as i was hoping for. like i said i have a ten tec mic coming on monday - i'll try that out and let everyone know. and yes i get about 120 watts in the tune mode. thanks again.

sincerely, john