[TenTec] Centurion Plate Capacitor

atrampler at att.net atrampler at att.net
Sun Jan 27 08:19:02 EST 2008

I'm having some recurring arcing on my Centurion whether in to dummy load or antenna.  I think the plates may have been pitted when I got it as it happens so easily.

As noted in the Subject Line, it is a Centurion.

Have any of you replaced the plate capacitor, and if so, did you use Ten Tec OEM spec part or find something with a higher voltage rating?  Any of you ever put in a vacuum variable instead?

Finally, does anybody know what the voltage rating of the plate capacitor is?

I find that even into a dummy load I wind up giving the amplifier full load capacitance, which is not what the manual expects.  Anyone else have similar experience?

Toying with sending it to Sevierville, but not yet convinced.  All feedback appreciated.

73,
Art, KØRO