[TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...

Henry Mackey kb9cqo at embarqmail.com
Wed Jul 2 09:31:03 EDT 2008

Hi Lou,

Yes I have thoughts, but they are somewhat limited.

Myself I like TenTec, US products, and the ability to talk to a tech or have repairs done somewhere that I am comfortable.

I have a 5 year old Jupiter TenTec Model 538. I am not a CW operator. I've seen reports that it has a fair receive, and I wanted to get the best receive that TenTec has. So I was thinking of a higher priced unit. I've talked to some at hamfests and I have been told that the Omni 6+ has an excellent receiver.

Lou, in all fairness here is an URL where you can check this question out for yourself. Good luck! http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

73 de Henry/n9hm