[TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...

Derwin Goliver dgoliver001 at woh.rr.com
Wed Jul 2 12:13:16 EDT 2008

To me
If I had $2000 dollars to put up right now.
ITS A NO BRAINER.......TEN TEC USED LIST....
I have owned kenwood yaesu icom and tempo's.... (dont laugh the 2020 tempo
made by henry. Had really good rx for its day. To bad some fool designed it
with plastic gears. On the band change shafts.  That put most out of
service. )
 And I had a old ten tec omni D model c ..
NO memorys No nothing BUT a GREAT TRANSIVER.. Sold it on Ebay for 450 buy
now same day listed.
picked up a Kenwood TS 450sat.. Lots of memorys a good little radio. BUT
STILL NOT AS GOOD RX as that old Omni..
And that Omni had a PTO fault. TEN TEC rebuilds the PTO and RE alined it for
75 bucks.. 2 years ago.
TRY sending a 20 some year radio to Icom Kenwood you name it for repairs.
LET alone for 75.00...  LOL
ONLY TEN TEC That I know of...
For me I have very limited funds. I had a sick baby born a few years back.
And now we have 1 income for 6 people.
I traded my TR 7 drake and Power supply for a Ten tec Pegasus.. And sold the
kenwood Ts 450... AND I could not be happier... Any HF Base radios for me
from now on will be TEN TEC..
IMHO..
Ten Tec Low grade Is better than jap junk's . mid grade..
And Ten Tec's top line blows them out of the water...

Derwin