[TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jul 3 13:55:17 EDT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 04:15:35 +0000, Charles Harpole wrote:

>The FT-1000D is great but no computer control possible.

Although I've never used one or seen a manual, I strongly suspect
you are mistaken about this. Several of the major logging/control
programs I own list it as a rig that they work with.

Someone else said:

> Yes, Kenwood and Yaesu rigs can be tough to get serviced.

There are independent guys who work on the better Kenwood and Yaesu
rigs. A post on ham email lists that include Kenwood and Yaesu
owners will turn up recommendations from guys who have used them.
The FT100 and FT100D are real cheapie, entry level rigs with
mediocre performance. I have one. Had it fixed under warranty once.
Wouldn't try to do that again. :)

73,

Jim K9YC