[TenTec] New Rig....Turned around?

W8KZW w8kzw at arrl.net
Wed Jul 9 09:32:57 EDT 2008

OK, now I'm REALLY up in the air.

I've loved my Corsair II / Remote VFO for the years I've used it.

I recently acquired an Omni VI, and it's at Ten-Tec right now getting "like
new".

My plan (for casual CW and SSB operation, paired with my 425 Titan from time
to time) was to sell the former and keep the latter, but everyone on the
list seems to prefer the Corsair!

... so I'm really wondering: how much of that is nostalgia / camp / attitude
(no disrespect intended ... that's why I run boatanchors) and how much is
based on true operating performance / convenience?

I guess I could run them side-by-side and make my own judgement, but space
and time make that improbable.  Besides, I'd like to learn from the
experience of others.

Jeff
W8KZW