[TenTec] Ten Tec For Sale

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sat Jul 19 14:50:09 EDT 2008

"What is the serial number of the VI + ?  Does it have TCXO and SMT?"

I believe that any Omni VI + has boards with SMT devices. And any Omni
VI version three has SMT devices on the 9 MHz Filter Board, and the Pass
Band Tuning Board.

The 9 MHz filter board which has space for only one optional narrow
filter is stock number 81594. It does not use SMT devices. The 9 MHz
filter board with spaces for two optional narrow filters is stock number
81782, which has plenty of SMT devices.

The Pass Band Tuning board used in version 1 or 2 Omni VI (ones that
have a 2.4 button and only one NAR button) is stock number 81600, which
has no SMT devices. The Pass Band Tuning board used in version 3 and
Plus Omni VI is stock number 81781, which has SMT devices.

I am making those statements based on seeing inside only two Omni VI,
one a version 3 and one a version 2, and from looking at the manuals for
them. I could be wrong. Can anyone out there confirm this?

I suspect that Omni VI + has SMT parts on a lot of other boards too,
whereas the Omni VI version 3 may not have SMT except on the two IF
boards mentioned above. Again I do not know this for certain, and I
would like to know. Can anyone confirm this?

DE N6KB