[TenTec] OT Antenna Tuners

Jim WA9YSD wa9ysd at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 06:41:31 EDT 2008

Only up to 21 MHZ, is because of too much inductance.

Unun must be acting like a old fashion link coil with out the link.  I did something like that with a single coil and had 3 pairs of taps.  One pair of taps for input, one for caps and one for the roller inductors.

I did not know that any one made a 4:1 unun balun.

You took and installed a 1:4 unun on the input.  That should be 200Ohms to the L- match and 50 ohm out to the coax line of the antenna.  Do I have that right or is it a 1:4 then 4:1 making it a unun on the input, then to the L-Match?

You got more band width out of the tuner.  Now why is that?  L- Match is rather narrow.

Making up a 1:4:1 unun is easily done Just on the input side of the tuner with out taking the tuner a part.

You mush have float the ground on the tuner?  Did you ground one side of the unun on the 4 side rather than the 1 side?

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD