[TenTec] Connectors: conclusion

Marinus Loewensteijn zl2ml at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 07:25:11 EDT 2008

I was leaning towards the TNC connectors and was gathering info on best places to buy.

However I finished up going with the N connectors: on our local auction website someone was selling four Huber Suhner N connectors and a Huber Suhner surge arrestor all new in original packaging at a price that I could not refuse. (could not even buy locally 2 crappy N connectors for what I paid)

The N connectors are for RG58 but I believe it will also take RG141 and LMR 195. I know the latter is locally available and if suitable am likely go with that instead of the RG58, need only some short lengths anyway. According to information found on the web the RG58 will handle approx 400 watts @ 30Mhz where RG 141 will do around 1300 Watt and LMR around 980 Watt (or 1020 Watt depending on manufacturer) @ 30Mhz.

Are there any other coax's that I need to consider or is there some coax I have to stay well away from?

Many thanks, Marinus, ZL2ML