[TenTec] Bazooka antenna.. More than you wanted to know!

Jim WA9YSD wa9ysd at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 07:19:27 EDT 2008

I do not have any type of computer modeling program.  So for give me and for some of these questions.

What is the outer diameter, what is the internal diameter of the center conductor, and the spaceing of the uhf/vhf  Bazooka antenna in the original tests?  What is the diameter  of the uhf/vhf  Bazooka antenna in the computer model?  What is the specs  for an HF DB say 3.5 MHZ Bazooka antenna in the computer model?  If tubeing was use what compensation did the computer model make for 1/2 inch coax cable and perhaps using RG6?  Asking the same questions for the Double Bazooka what happens?

Lets take this a step further.  What is the spaceing  of the uhf/vhf  Folded dipole antenna in the original tests?  What is the diameter of the UHF/VHF Folded Dipole of the tube on one side of that FD dipole?  What is the diameter of one side of an HF FD say on 3.5 MHZ antenna  in the computer model?  Now, useing 12 gauge wire on both halfs and spaced 18 inches apart can these parameters be put into the computer modeling and what happens to it?

Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD