[TenTec] Bazooka antenna.. More than you wanted to know!

Jim WA9YSD wa9ysd at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 09:37:06 EDT 2008

Common Mode chokes built-in on every orifice  on the radio would work all so.

Maybe tomorrow I will visit that site.

Still 3 weeks and just hearing South America and a little of Europe with that big of improvement eliminates the short and long path theory.  No really good band openings.  Then along with the band conditions the way they were and the way they are I think thats a very very remote chance.

Strange couple between the two antennas?  I moved the ends up and down spread one end  from parallel to 30 degrees and no change.  Not enough to disprove that theory?  Maybe?

Doc, your capacitor at the feed point with low antennas did not work that well. 400 KC band width?  We tried 75 ohm cable, we tried some high voltage 75 ohm stuff that I never seen before that was used for a W2DU balun that had those small beads on it.  We got a hold of some of that cable.  We also just tried a cap across the feed point.  Thought we had all the right measurements.  If what you say is true,  we missed a trick along the way some where.  We had a loop of wire about 6 inches, I think we had a 1000pf at 1KV cap.  Or was it a TV HV cap off the fly-back?   May be not enough?  One of the guys tested the combo at work.  Been too many years to remember it.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD