[TenTec] OT 75 Ohm twin feeder

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jun 11 12:12:12 EDT 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:35:20 +0100, Steve Hunt wrote:

>Grateful for any views.

I strongly recommend a decent 75 ohm transmitting coax (robust
copper braid shield, UV-rated jacket) with a good multi-turn common
mode choke wound around toroids. The obvious advantage is greatly
reduced receive noise thanks to the choke, and it's widely
available.

I was lucky enough to find 250 ft of Belden 75 ohm KW twinlead New
Old Stock at a hamfest about 25 years ago. I used it on a dipole
that I also used as a top-loaded vertical for 80 and 160. Nice
stuff, but LONG discontinued.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC