[TenTec] "Z" match question

Marty Hartwell mhartwe at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jun 13 17:05:43 EDT 2008

Hi

I have an MFJ version Antenna tuner. I want to convert it over
to a Z match.
First question. If I stack two 2" toroids I think type 41 material
will this handle 100 watts? Then what size wire would be alright to
wind. I am thinking I will use solid 14g. with insulation. Right now
I am looking at regular house wire using the black and white to keep
the windings separate.
Second question. I think the variables in the current tuner are around
500pf which should be aright to reuse, how big and what kind would be
a good cap to put in for the switchable add on?
Third question. Has anyone else tried this and did it work?

Marty kd8bj