[TenTec] OT 75 Ohm twin feeder

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jun 15 01:34:27 EDT 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 19:13:28 -0600, Dr. Gerald N. Johnson wrote:

>and some
>common mode chokes involve winding several turns of coax through the
>toroid so the transmission line length is longer and that can upset the
>phasing of the antenna elements.

Of course -- Antennas 101. But such matters should (and can easily) be
taken into account when building the antenna and the lines that feed it.
It seems trivial to me that someone smart enough to build an array would
not think of that. :)

It should also be obvious that thanks to N squared, for a given value of
impedance, a multiturn choke will typically require no more coax than
one that depends on a string of beads.

73,

Jim K9YC