[TenTec] Solder and my Omni

Bruce McLaughlin bmclaugh at bex.net
Tue Jun 17 21:31:03 EDT 2008

I second the nomination for the Hakko 808.  I bought one when I had to
remove a 16 contact IC during an unfortunate mistake in the construction of
my Elecraft K2/100.  It removed the IC with no damage and the circuit board
was completely clean.  I re-inserted the IC (this time the right way around)
and everything was fixed with no damage.  After years of trying to use
various solder wicks, ear syringes and similar things, the Hakko is the only
way to go.  If you intend to do any repair work from time to time it is well
worth the investment.

Bruce-W8FU