[TenTec] OT 75 Ohm twin feeder

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Wed Jun 18 03:45:01 EDT 2008

Hi Fraser,

I have some of Westlake's "400W 75 Ohm twin" where both conductors are
totally embedded within the dielectric material. Assuming the field
between the conductors is mostly constrained to the dielectric, I
wouldn't expect much effect from rain. I've never had any of his Heavy
Duty stuff so I don't know whether the same would apply.

But you raise an interesting point, and I'm wondering whether the same
problem might occur with my twin RG400 configuration. Time to go and
spray the test assembly with water from the rain butt! If there is a
problem I can always put the feeder within the HexBeam centre post - it
just takes a bit more effort!

73,
Steve G3TXQ