[TenTec] Argonaut II Backlight

Steve Berg wa9jml at tbc.net
Fri Jun 27 23:49:51 EDT 2008

A while back, I bought two surplus luminescent strips from All
Electronics to replace the tired OEM one in the Argonaut.  I cut the
first one to size and wired it in.  It worked for about a year and quit.
  Now, I want to put in the other one, and there are no more left in
stock.  Would I be better off to spray the cut edges with something like
clear Krylon?  I thought that these strips should last for years.  Is
there a failure mode involved here?  And, I recall that some outfit in
Britain is making replacement strips.  Are these still available, and if
so, where?

73,

Steve WA9JML