[TenTec] Orion II

Wayne Whitman wwhitman at fastmail.fm
Sat Jun 28 20:30:42 EDT 2008

After using my Orion II for 18 months, it is now acting strange on ssb
receive.

Symptoms are odd sound.  It could have been this way for a long time,
since I only work ssb once or twice a year, but I thought it would be
fun to listen to some FD people.  The receive audio is so muffled you
can barely understand what people are saying (very bassy sounding) and
the band noise sounds like someone beating a base drum or rolling
thunder.  Actually, it almost sounds like it is in the AM mode, but not
quite.
Yeah, I know, this is really hard to describe.  I checked all the
settings I could think of and everything looks to be set ok.  Master
reset made no change.
CW sounds normal.

If nobody has any ideas, guess I'll give TT service a call on Monday.
Thanks if you have any suggestions to try.

73,
Wayne
K4ELO
k4elo at fastmail.fm