[TenTec] Orion II won't transmit or receive

Bill Axelrod bill at axelrods.org
Sun Mar 2 11:08:05 EST 2008

Help please.

     I have a brand new (one month old) Orion II which was working fine until this morning.  When I came down and turned the rig on it looked fine.  But I can not hear any signals on any band with the main receiver.  And when I try to transmit I get no power out at all.

     The transceiver keys, I hear the side tone, but it does not deliver any power.  Same when I hit the tune button.

     Same problem with either vfo.  And same problem with antenna 1 or 2.  The sub receiver seems to work OK.  The transmitter is NOT disabled in the TX menu.

     Any thoughts on what I should look for or at?  Is there a button or switch I may have inadvertently thrown?

     I have disconnected all the ancillary equipment and have a dummy load connected directly to the antenna 1 connector.

Thanks and 73...   Bill K3WA