[TenTec] OT

John brazos at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 15:09:10 EST 2008

Here is a little tip we just learned. My son kc2iyg just bought a laptop computer used.  The computer was a good deal but it stunk to high heaven from tobacco smoke .  We took a chance , he first wiped the surface of the notebook down with a antibacterial wipe and then he dug out a small Ionizer .  He placed the Ionizer next to the notebook and covered both with a plastic tucker tote ( a med sized trash can of sorts ) and let it do it's thing for 4 hours .  Well he pulled the notebook out and to our surprise the smoke smell was almost completely gone !  I thought this might work with some radios we some times  pick up for a song and the previous owner was a smoker .  All the Best de   Kb2huk  and  kc2iyg    John and Mike