[TenTec] 238 Tuner Mod

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Mar 4 10:45:57 EST 2008

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:55:27 -0500, Jack Mandelman wrote:

>However, instead of using
>doorknob caps I replaced the originals with 6KV 470pF Y5P ceramics.

It's no surprise that the original caps, which have a fairly high
negative temperature characteristic, change value as they warm up --
they are SPECIFIED to do that. :)  I'm wondering if it was a pricing
decision  by Ten Tec to use them, or if the designer was attempting
to compensate for heat-related drift in the other direction by the
inductor?

73,

Jim K9YC