[TenTec] Corsair remote VFO questions

Andrew Moore andrew.nv1b at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 00:20:53 EDT 2008

I read that the Corsair 1 (model 560) and Corsair II (model 561)
remote VFOs (models 263 and 263G, respectively) are identical except
for their color (http://home.comcast.net/~w8kc/tentec.html)

Can someone confirm -- preferably someone who has tried a 263 on a
561, or a 263G on a 560?

I tried my 263 VFO on my Corsair II but the frequency display wouldn't
budge from 91.000.  I think this might be due to a couple damaged pins
on the 9-pin accessory jack, rather than some incompatibility.  I do
know the 263 is working perfectly with my Corsair 1.

Does anyone know a source for replacement pins (or complete jacks) for
the 9-pin (3x3 configuration) accessory jack?

Thanks,
--Andrew, NV1B