[TenTec] Orion Keying Parameters

John Huffman hjohnc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:59:49 EDT 2008

I have been getting acquainted with my new (to me) Orion 1 over the last
month.  With all the settings there is a lot to learn, but that's the
fun of it.

I have found comfortable CW keying by using the internal keyer with
weight set at 140% and with the CW Rise/Fall set at 8ms.  I send CW from
20 wpm in a slow rag chew to 28 in a DX pileup or contest.

I am concerned that my CW signal may be too soft and would appreciate
the opinions of others and which settings they use.  I don't want my CW
note to be so mushy that it's hard to copy at those speeds.

Thanks in advance....

73 de K1ESE
John