[TenTec] FS: Loaded Omni V and Hercules 444 (Original Hercules)

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed May 7 19:44:08 EDT 2008

My K3 is shipping this week, so I need to turn some dollars!

The Omni V.9 (N4PY mod) is loaded with filters in all the slots.
The 9 MHz filter is 500 Hz. Purchased from a ham in Stow, OH, who
was writing for QST at the time. It was realigned at Ten Tec soon
after I bought it (2003), and has been at my second station for
several years. I did not get a P/S with it, and have run it from an
Astron. P/S cable is wired to Power Pole. It does NOT have the FM
board. I've mounted a BNC jack in the hole where the external
speaker jack was, and wired it to the pre-keying line to drive the
Hercules I (so it's equivalent to the Omni 546 and Omni A/D driving
the Hercules full QSK).  The speaker jack can easily be restored.
I've also got a 219 filter (250 Hz) for the 9 MHz IF (not
installed). The Omni V comes with a serial cable that I built for
it that also has breakouts to send CW and PTT from Writelog and
other contest logging programs, and I've used it in several
contests.

I have an Inrad roofing filter mod for this rig (also fits the Omni
6) that has not been installed.

I bought the Hercules 444 (the original Hercules) from a ham in NW
Indiana about four years ago to run in my second station. He ran it
for many years, ragchewing on SSB. He ran it on 120V. This unit is
VERY clean. I've opened only the P/S to switch the XFMR to 240V. I
also added a pair of 12V muffin fans to the power supply chassis.
No holes drilled -- they mounting screws go through the grille
holes.

I do NOT want to ship the Hercules, but will ship the Omni V. No
boxes for any of this gear. So figure pickup or I meet you halfway
for the Herc. I'm in Santa Cruz, 70 miles S of San Francisco. When
making an offer for the Herc, remember that output devices have
been discontinued for at least 20 years, so it's a science project
if they blow. On the other hand, the rig is quite well protected,
so it you use it with reasonable care it should run a long time.
I'm happy to sell these units separately or together, in any
combination. Same for the Inrad roofing filter.

The Omni V and Herc 444 are currently hooked up and working at my
main operating position. Without pushing it, the Herc is giving me
700W out keydown.

I'm also selling a Timewave DSP599zx that I bought used online to
use with the Omni V. It works fine, and I think I upgraded the
firmware right after I bought it (2004).

Please respond with offers and/or questions by PRIVATE EMAIL, NOT
TO THE LIST.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC