[TenTec] Balun Isolator

Jim WA9YSD wa9ysd at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 19:34:08 EDT 2008

Current flowing on the in-side of the coax?  I all ways thought RF flowed on the surface.  If this whole thing is out of balance this is what causes every one problems.

Back to the beginning again.  A continuous loop.

Some type of an isolator or coax choke is needed at the rig along with a good RF ground.  RF ground we should start another topic on this.

The RF that comes back on the out side of the coax, current loops, grounds is what I have been struggling with for years.  Operating an amplifier just amplifies the problem.  There is no way to get away from this.  You can reduce it, direct its path but is still there and still finds it way to haunt you.  This is not a perfect world or situation to deal with.

All these people who operate QRP I have great respect for them cause of their patients, persistence, creativity to make what they have the best it can be and to get the most out of it.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD