[TenTec] K3 vs Orion One

info4mjs at att.net info4mjs at att.net
Wed May 14 07:20:41 EDT 2008

Although my Orion 2 isn't perfect, from my perspective, it does do everything I expected to, and a bit more.  The sales and service personnel at TT have always addressed my inquiries promptly and accurately, before I owned my O2 and while I owned it (and I still do).

The Elecraft bulletin board is great for getting information that will get you about 95% there.  I sold my K2 because two items that were important to me were never corrected and were always taken to a private conversation between me and the Elecraft owners.  I had the opportunity to have a K3 (S/N 2XX) on my bench the same time I had the O2, the O2 performed in a superior manner to everything I could throw at it, including noise from appliances and overload conditions from W1AW.

Reading the Elecraft bulletin board, I am not convinced that they are addressing the Hardware issues so I opted out of the Elecraft mojo...which is really a bunch of people that will not criticize something they built.

Good luck with your choice.
Mike, WA1SEO