[TenTec] Omni VI problems, need help

Bill Miner wg6h at pacbell.net
Fri May 16 00:46:28 EDT 2008

Ken,

There are some SMD op-amps in the Omni VI ALC circuit that are very
susceptible to static damage.  When there is static damage the symptoms can
be similar you yours.  Also PIN switching diodes can  be damaged by static
and affect the receiver sensitivity.

 As I recall it is an easy fix to replace the op-amp but the SMD traces are
VERY fragile.  Finding the damaged PIN diodes is a little more challenging
and requires a lot of trouble shooting to determine what band(s) are
affected.

If you are not a DIY kind of guy than Ten Tec factory service is quick and
top-notch.

Good Luck,

Bill - K6WLM