[TenTec] 95% Shield--Leukemia?

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Sat May 17 14:51:48 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim WA9YSD" <wa9ysd at yahoo.com>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield

> Leukemia is linked to long term exposer to RF fields,  High percentage of
> Radio engineers has it and/or died from it.

I couldn't in good faith let that one go.  There is not a shred truth to
that statement.  No credible, peer-reviewed study has ever linked RF fields
to leukemia.  Only greedy lawyers looking for someone to sue have ever made
that connection but it has never been backed by credible science.  The "tin
foil hat" kooks may believe that, but it's just not true.

If you look up leukemia on Wikipedia, you'll see that one of the suspected
causes is *ionizing* radiation, which is completely a different animal that
RF, which is *non-ionizing* radiation.

I have been a broadcast engineer for over 40 years and I have never seen any
cases of leukemia among the hundreds of folks I have worked with who are
regularly exposed to high RF fields.  I have seen lots of folks die from
lung cancer, AIDS, motorcycle accidents, heart attacks, etc., but I can't
think of a single one who ever died from leukemia.

Ron N6IE