[TenTec] DX radios

W1GOR W1GOR at maine.rr.com
Sat May 31 10:25:05 EDT 2008

John, I am not trying to be facetious when I repeat this ancient saying...
"A chain is no stronger than it's weakest link"...  RF is not worth a
plug-nickel if it's not properly launched into and received from the
atmosphere.  A rig that can pull a weak signal out of a pileup is most
desirable.  Good audio and a great 'fist' will surely get someone's
attention.  But, operators who are courteous, persistent, and patient will
make the most of just about any lashup of equipment, antennas, and band
conditions will get the job done... We've all seen the setups on field
day... Jury-rigged antennas, intermittent power supplies, and endless
supplies of flies, mosquitoes, and rain, heat, no sleep, and the immutable
laws of Murphy, never seems to discourage the operator who really want to
have a great time working under adverse conditions.  ...and yet, there are
the LIDS, the MORONS, and the RUDE.  My favorite line from the 'Blue Collar
Comedy Tour' is one of Ron White's lines..."YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID..!!!"

In the TV broadcast industry, there are 'chains'... the audio chain, and the
video chain... and each chain is no stronger that the weakest link in that
chain...

vy 73, Larry - W1GOR