[TenTec] DX radios

john ferro foxbat426 at hotmail.com
Sat May 31 12:50:31 EDT 2008

larry you are right - absolutely - but my point from the start is that too much credance is on the radio - not enough on the antenna - lets face it you can fall in love with a radio - antennas are boring. most hams should pay more attention to the antenna system - put the money in the antenna, and watch the dx go UP!

, john> From: W1GOR at maine.rr.com> To: tentec at contesting.com> Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:12:20 -0400> Subject: [TenTec] DX radios> > Hi John, You've made my point..! All of the guys in that tour are great, > in their own way... It's a team effort, not a competition. Ham radio is a > wonderful example of team efforts, especially in multi-multi contest > operations. Ham equipment comparisons are directly comparable to the Ford > vs Chevy vs Mopar issues. When we go to the clothing store, we chose a > garment for it's style, fit, and finish, as well as price. We also go to > HRO, and other ham radio dealers with the very same requirements... Some > like to look and feel of Icom, or Yeasu, or TenTec, or Elecraft, or Kenwood, > and others are partial to the older boatanchors, for their sheer elegance, > like Collins, Hallicrafters, National, and the newer boatanchors like Drake. > When it come to antennas, there are as many choices as there are stars in > the universe. There's the old Vertical vs Horizontal preference, > single-band vs multi-band, and the preference of one antenna manufacturer > over the others. Recently I've read an endless series of posts about > grounding methods that approach religious zeal... Every poster claims that > THEIR method is THE BEST...notwithstanding the national and local building > codes...> > So, it ALL boils down to one, and only one issue... CHOICE..! Whether it's > clothing styles (mine is Western Style), or automobiles (mine is Honda), or > Ham Radio gear (I own Hammarlund, Johnson, Gonset, TenTec, Icom, Butternut, > DX Engineering, ICE, Hustler, Larsen, and a long list of test equipment > makers). It's said that "YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY"... but it should be "Your > mileage WILL vary"... There are millions of hams, worldwide... and no two > ham shacks are exactly alike.> > vy 73, de Larry - W1GOR> > The Titanic was built by professionals... Noah's Ark was built by > amateurs... need I say more..? <big grin>> > _______________________________________________> TenTec mailing list> TenTec at contesting.com> http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/tentec