[TenTec] 4CX1600B

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Sat May 31 15:00:14 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 10:11 -0700, Michael Zeglen wrote:
> Does any one know where I might find a replacement tube for the Ten Tec Titan II? It is my understanding that the GU-91B will work as a replacement. I have tried RF Parts, Ten Tec and Penta Labs but NO LUCK. I know someone has to have one laying around somewhere.
>
> MIKE - KL7ai

google showed:

http://www.sed-usa.com/index.asp?strType=Content&strPage=4CX1600B

http://www.garant-funk.com/svetlana/4CX1600B.html

But this post says it wasn't available in 2003 already.
http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?
p=861&highlight=&sid=0f2da7248b3e2bb78455b0104184d8f7

But:
http://www.tube-shop.com/uk/prod_industrial_detail.asp?
ProductID=332&ProcessType=20
says its in stock, in England. Sit down before you check the price and
shipping in dollars.

Though the price at the US location is a little better:
http://www.tube-shop.com/usa/prod_industrial_detail.asp?
ProductID=332&ProcessType=20

http://www.ivaza.cz/cs/files/folders/tubes_data/entry116.aspx says its
no longer made.

I saw hints that Alpha has also used the tube so there might be a chance
they have spares.

There may be more to be found, but I just looked at the first 100 of
1620 google hits searching for 4CX1600B.

73, Jerry, K0CQ