[TenTec] ten tec orion receiver opinions -

Charles Strickland wa4oss at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 3 22:02:21 EST 2008

I own a Jupiter, an Orion II and an Omni VII.

The Orion is superior to all mainly due to its flexibility in available adjustments.  Its second receiver is also superior to the Jupiter.  If you don't need some of the Orions features, for MW and LW dxing, such as the narrow selectivity and agc refinements.  The Omni VII is more sensitive and has a lower noise floor.

I have not used any of these for critical listening in the area that is of your interest.