[TenTec] Off Topic - Millen Grid Dip Meter Manual needed Model 90652

K9RBorowski K9RB at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 5 19:58:51 EST 2008

The difference between the two Millen GDO;s are numerous while the operation
and
external appearances are nearly identical. The 90651 runs off 120 VAC and
uses a
tube and associated power supply internally to accommodate the requirements
of the
electron tube. The 90652 is fully transistorized and runs on a standard 9
volt battery.
Besides the A.C. Power cord on the older 90651, they are identical
externally. The
newer, solid state 90652 is quite a bit more stabile and being self
contained, is more
convenient to use. As Carter states, the operating part of the manuals are
virtually the
same but the internal circuitry is significantly different. The plug in
coils are identical
for both models as is the external physical case dimensions, color, meter,
etc.
73, Rog-K9RB