[TenTec] Omni V problem, need help

g p n2wjw at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 05:05:57 EST 2008

Just purchased an OmniV with the N4PY chip and even though its a great rig I have found a couple of small bugs I hope someone can help me with.

First, sidetone on the first character after not sending for about a minute or so sounds like a "pop" and only on the first character, after that the tone sounds nice and clean till I stop for a few seconds and start again....pop on the first character. I have tried a keyer, straight key and adjusting just about every knob in the back of the rig with no change.

Second SSB receive sounds fine on LSB, on USB sounds tiny with no bass or body to the audio, adjusting C6 on the BFO board brings a little more body to the audio but throws it off frequency.

Any help I can get with these problems would be appreciated, I would hate to return the rig, it is awesome other wise.

Gil n2wjw