[TenTec] Ten Tec Fan Disappointment....

Kirk K6KAR kirk.harding at cox.net
Wed Nov 19 10:16:00 EST 2008

John,

I absolutely agree with you.  Since moving up to the Flex Radio 5000A, my
Orion II has taken second place in usage.  Like Elecraft the owners of the
Flex Radio reflector are not only providing continuous answers to inquiries
but also ongoing updates to firmware and the Flex Radio operating system.
It just keeps getting better.  I realize that TT's focus may not be ham
radio oriented. However if they (TT) are going to sell to the ham community
they (TT) should step up to keeping their (albeit minimal) update schedules
and not pass off with excuse, ongoing schedule slips.  Now, don't
misunderstand.  My Orion II is a fine radio and I've had a couple years of
enjoyable use from it.  Would I purchase another TenTec product?  No way!!
I'm guessing that if TT doesn't step up to what's going on in the area of
software developed radios, they (TT) will be out of providing amateur radio
sales business within the next couple of years.

Regards,

Kirk, K6KAR
Niceville, FL