[TenTec] Fw: Replacing the speaker in a Delta II/Argonaut II

Bill Acito W1PA w1pa at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:06:40 EDT 2008

>And your cat may be leaving for other territories because when that
>series RC isn't there the amplifier will oscillate at ultrasonic
>frequencies. Its a parasitic suppressor.

Thanks guys...  I'll take a look and perform the "cat" test tonight (I have
two). I'll look at the
schematic and see if, in fact, the series RC is switched out or replicated
with the
external speaker jack (remember, no issue on an external speaker, and the
audio
module stays cool with the external speaker)

I am hoping that is it. The more I stare at the Delta with the skins off,
the more
I realize that taking the frame apart to get to the speaker will not be a
trivial task.

Bill W1PA