[TenTec] Replacing the speaker in a Delta II/Argonaut II

Bill Acito W1PA w1pa at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:16:50 EDT 2008

>Bill, Good point about reminding us that the external speaker works, and no
>excessive heating.  The series RC on IC audio stages is NOT switched out,
>especially when using an external speaker with extra lengths of cable that
>provides varying feedback.

Yeah, I looked at the schematic last night, and it has to one of three
things ---
the speaker itself, or the wiring to it, or the head phones or external
speaker
jacks ---  the audio line goes through both on the way to the internal
speaker.

Steve made a good point about the speaker bracket...  I'll see if it will
"hinge" up as he suggested on the Argonaut II.

Bill W1PA