[TenTec] OT

Gary D Krause n7hts at bresnan.net
Thu Oct 9 10:50:09 EDT 2008

I agree.  One of the reasons I don't use my computer is that it takes too much
time logging my contacts from my paper log.  That's time that I could be
operating.  Also, the noise that my computer makes is distracting.  Like you,
I work on a computer all day long.  I like to work on my computers at home and
I also build my own which I'm sure that most of us do.  Computers are fun and
 ham radio is fun but, I don't like to mix the two.

I've been a ham for 25 years and it's nice to look back through my logs and
see how my handwriting has changed, who I worked, notes etc.  Like you said, I
don't need a computer to do it.  There's a certain spiritual aspect to it that
you can't record with a computer.  I'm an artist and I tell my students that
when they draw or paint, part of them is in the painting.  For me, it's the
same with log books.

Gary, N7HTS