[TenTec] Mini Lamp Needed

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Thu Oct 23 20:58:55 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 15:12 -0700, Jim WA9YSD wrote:
> For the Collins 28 volt lamp, the 1873 has 0.20A and the 757 at 0.08amps would give you a longer life  Even more if you put the resistor in series.  If It was my choice I would put in the 757 in your Collins.
>
>  Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD

I wouldn't. The lamps for the 821A-1 originally were much smaller, type
327 with resistors lasted pretty good, type 387 lasted much better.
Miniature flange base, 28 volts 40 ma for both. The 1873 and 757
wouldn't go in the lamp holders even with the use of a 5 pound hammer
and still have enough parts left to light.

73, Jerry, K0CQ